Priority screening on a RentPassport not only includes the Essential RentPassport checks of income, rent and credit check but also includes an employment reference, landlord reference, a dedicated case handler and enhanced manual chasers. For a full list of our packages and what they include, click here.
This guide will talk you through the steps on how to request priority referencing for a renter.
You are able to request referencing at two stages, once when a RentPassport is being requested and another when a RentPassport has been shared.
Requesting priority referencing alongside a RentPassport®:
In order to request priority referencing when requesting an applicant's RentPassport. You will need to follow the below steps
- Log in to your HQ account and click on RentPassports
- Then click the button "Request Rent Passport" on the top right.
- You will then see a pop-up box asking you to select the branch and enter the renter's details.
- Enter the renter's first name, last name, contact number and email address.
- You will then need to select the tick box "Priority screening".
Below is an example of what you will see:
- Click "Send request" and this will email the request to the renter to complete the employment and landlord sections alongside the Essential Screening on their RentPassport.
Requesting priority referencing when a RentPassport® has been shared:
In order to request priority referencing when a RentPassport has already been shared. You will need to follow the below steps
- Log in to your Canopy HQ account.
- Select the RentPassport of the applicant.
- On the right-hand side panel, you will see 'Priority Screening' under the screening results.
- Click on "Request" and you will see a pop-up to confirm you accept the charge for priority referencing.
- Tick the box if you are happy to accept the charge and click "Send request". This will now send the request to the renter for them to complete the additional sections.
- You are not able to cancel a priority screening request once this has been requested.
- If you do not see the option to request a priority RentPassport, please contact our sales team here or contact your account manager.