How do claims work?
Canopy has partnered with Davies Group for claims handling and partnered with Hamilton Fraser to provide an independent claims adjudication service. As with a traditional cash deposit, you would speak with your renter and seek recovery funds from them directly.
Please note: Your claim amount is capped at the amount of the sum insured.
Outcome 1:- Tenant pays
The tenant accepts the claim and pays the Landlord within 10 working days.
Outcome 2:- Tenant doesn’t pay
The tenant disputes the claim and refuses to pay the Landlord.
If this is the case you need to make a claim you can access and complete our online claims form here.
What information is required?
The following information is required and obtained in order to assess and process a claim:
- Property details
- Renter details
- Landlord details
- Agency details
- Policy number (if you have a block policy, please leave it blank)
- Inventory check-in report
- Inventory check-out report
- Any invoices/rent schedules
- Evidence of comms with the renter to chase costs
- PDF of renter's referencing RentPassport® and guarantors if applicable
Canopy is not responsible for any misinformation provided in the claims form.
Please sign in to leave a comment.