Guarantors are available on request for individual renters. The renter will provide us contact details for their guarantor in-app and we will send them an invite to create a RentPassport™.
For steps on how to request a guarantor please visit How to request a Guarantor
- Must be UK-based
- Must earn at least 36X the monthly rental income per annum in order to cover the renter's rent
- Must not have any active CCJs or any satisfied CCJs within the last 3 years.
How can a guarantor fail referencing?
Below are a number of reasons a guarantor could fail referencing:
- If the guarantor does not meet the income affordability
- If they have variable employment such as temporary or casual employment
- If they have been self-employed for less than 3 months or cannot provide sufficient proof of income
- If they have a negative credit history
- If their residency and ownership at the addresses provided cannot be proved
- Information on the application is found to be fraudulent
We have now partnered with Housing Hand to provide a guarantor replacement scheme for renters that are not able to provide a suitable guarantor. For more information, visit our FAQs: Guarantor Replacement Scheme or contact your account manager.