Essential screening on a RentPassport not only includes income verification, rent verification and a credit check including a financial summary for the individual. For a full list of our packages and what they include, click here.
This guide will talk you through the steps on how to request essential referencing for a renter.
You are able to request referencing at two stages, once when a RentPassport is being requested and another when a RentPassport has been shared.
Requesting essential referencing alongside a RentPassport®:
In order to request essential referencing when requesting an applicant's RentPassport. You will need to follow the below steps
- Log in to your HQ account and click on RentPassports
- Then click the button labelled "Request Rent Passport" on the top right.
- You will then see a pop-up box asking you to select the branch and enter the renter's details.
- Enter the renter's first name, last name, contact number and email address.
- You will then need to select the tick box labelled "Essential screening".
Below is an example of what you will see:
- Click "Send request" and this will email the request to the renter to complete the employment and landlord sections alongside the Essential Screening on their RentPassport.
Requesting essential referencing when a RentPassport®has been shared:
In order to request essential referencing when a RentPassport has already been shared. You will need to follow the below steps
- Log in to your Canopy HQ account.
- Select the RentPassport of the applicant.
- On the right-hand side panel, you will see 'Essential Screening' under the screening results.
- Click on "Request" and you will see a pop-up to confirm you accept the charge for essential referencing.
- Tick the box if you are happy to accept the charge and click "Send request".This will now send the request to the renter for them to complete the additional sections.
- You are not able to cancel a essential screening request once this has been requested.