As it is a legal requirement for all agents/ landlords to undertake checks that their renter has a right to rent within the UK, Canopy now offers a service which includes ID verification and document storage.
Please note this does not negate the requirement of the Agent/Landlord to see the person and ID in person.
You can request a right to rent check at the point of requesting a RentPassport™ or at any point after a RentPassport™ has been shared with you. See instructions for both below.
Requesting right to rent alongside a RentPassport™:
In order to request a right to rent check when requesting an applicant's RentPassport™. You will need to follow the below steps
- Log in to your HQ account and click on RentPassports™
- Then click the button labelled "Request Rent Passport" on the top right.
- You will then see a pop-up box asking you to select the branch and to enter the renter's details.
- Enter the renter's first name, last name, contact number and email address.
- You will then need to select the tick box labelled "Right to Rent".
Below is an example of what you will see:
- Click "Send request" and this will email the request to the renter to complete and upload their right to rent evidence alongside the instant screening on their RentPassport™.
Requesting right to rent when a RentPassport™ has been shared:
In order to request right the rent when a RentPassport™ has already been shared, you will need to follow the below steps
- Log in to your Canopy HQ account.
- Select the RentPassport™ of the applicant.
- On the right-hand side panel, you will see 'Right to Rent' under the screening results.
- Click on "Request" and you will see a pop up to confirm you accept the charge for this additional service.
- Tick the box if you are happy to accept the charge and click "Send request". This will now send the request to the renter for them to complete the additional sections.
- If you need to cancel a Right to Rent request, you can do this on the RentPassport™. You must do this before the renter starts evidencing their Right to rent.